December 30, 2010

Your Journey....

“Let your mind start a journey thru a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before.” -Erich Fromm


As we near the end of another year, I personally cannot wait to put this year in the books! Even though we had several great things happen this year, it was also a test of our faith for sure! One of the greatest blessings was the birth of our daughter, but this was also one of our greatest test.


The quote listed above is one of the best I have ever read, it really spoke to me about the season of my life. I want to break down this quote and give you a little insight on my life, 2010, and what I hope to see in 2011! 


"Let your mind start a journey thru a strange new world" 

- My husband and I have vowed to each other to become healthier for our sakes, but also for the sake of our children. We want to see our children, grandchildren, etc and we have realized that to do that, we have to change a few things. We never want to think of this as a diet, but more of a lifestyle change. We also want God to use us in a mighty way, who knows what new world that could mean. It could simply mean helping in a ministry, working with our youth, or simply building our family foundation, but I am ready! 


"Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before."

- WOW this hit home! Often we stress over things of the past, how they hurt, who did it, why it happened, and so on. Once we learn to leave it all behind, then I firmly believe that we will be able to move on with life in a new light. Lord....please allow me to put the world I knew before behind me!


"Let your soul take you where you long to be"

- I am not, nor never will be a perfect person. However, I do have dreams, hopes, and goals that I want to obtain. Lord, lead my soul to these things that you would allow me to do and have. I know he will give us the desires of our hearts if we are truly in "tune" with him!


"Close your eyes let your spirit soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before"

- I am trusting the Lord and his spirit for my life, I know that he blesses us each day, but I am looking forward to a year like never before! 


May God bless each of you as you bring in the New Year. Begin a new journey and enjoy the blessings along the way!

No comments: