July 26, 2009

Coupons are worth the effort!!

You know, sometimes I wonder if faithfully buying the Sunday paper and searching the ad's and cutting ALL the coupons is really worth the effort! Well, in today's time when money is tight, your son is in private school, you are planning a wedding, and the economy is on the down slide....you have to save every way you can.

I wanted to tell you about a couple of things, one being my recent trip to Ingles! This past week was triple coupon week at Ingles. My budget for this week was $70 since we needed some meats and we were having a cookout for some of Tim's family. I had made my list, went through all of my coupons and basically took out every coupon that was 50¢ or lower. Then I sorted through those and made two stacks...wants & needs! My total before the ingles card was over $110, then $99.11 before coupons. My total after all tripled coupons was $71.46....just $1.46 over budget. NOT BAD! ....and yes, it was worth my effort to save over $30

Also....I wanted to tell you all to check out http://www.cvsadvisor.com. I recently signed up to be a part of the polling. This weekend, I received a poll to check some things from the ads in the Sunday paper. I figured...why not...since I already had the paper! When I finished the poll, it told me that $10 would be in my Extra Care Bucks account on August 13th. ECB's can be used on most anything, and if you are new to CVSing, check out moneysavingmom's blog for details on how to save tons of money and get free stuff.

Well...off to bed, hope you all rest well and wake up to a new refreshing day tomorrow!